Yorkton Crossing - Yorkton
Candidates are invited to apply to the Temporary Full-Time Charge Nurse position at Yorkton Crossing Retirement Community a 79 suite Retirement Community, located in Yorkton, Saskatchewan.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. You will collaborate with physicians, other health care professionals and family as you perform nursing tasks including medication distribution and falls prevention. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well equipped community.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Director of Wellness, the charge nurse ensures provision of nursing care for residents in keeping with the philosophy and policies of Extendicare; is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, evaluation of care programs in facility. Abides by facility and nursing department policies and procedures, communicates and interprets them to other staff, residents, community resource personnel, visitors, and the public. Organizes and prioritizes responsibilities effectively on a daily basis.
- Current Registration with College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchwan/SALPN.
- Experience 3-5 years within a Retirement Setting setting, 2-5 years Clinical experience. Supervisory/Management experience of minimum 5 years.
- Previous managerial experience involving supervising and working within a unionized environment;
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined.
- Must be knowledgeable in principles and philosophy of long term care.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with other staff, residents, families, and public and community resource personnel
- Demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care to residents.
- Ability to supervise and direct the work and learning of others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Promotes a safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors; knowledgeable in principles of infection control.
- Current CPR Certification. SWAT certification obtained from WRHA/equivalent.
- Computer skills
- Has knowledge related to current and applicable Saskatchewan health legislation and standards, workplace safety and health, knowledge / experience with Care Management systems;
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check and VSS
- Satisfactory work record is required.
CLOSING DATE: July 3/2020
APPLY TO: email@example.com