Harvest Crossing - Tillsonburg
CONCIERGE (Part Time) – Harvest Crossing
Candidates are invited to apply for the Part Time Concierge position at Harvest Crossing a retirement community, located in Tillsonburg, ON. The Concierge will welcome residents, staff and visitors as well as provide some clerical support to the community
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. You will contribute to our warm and friendly atmosphere as we ensure a comfortable and relaxing environment for our senior residents. You will demonstrate professionalism and kindness as you liaise with our residents and their family members in person and over the phone.
You will foster a positive environment with your flexibility and willingness to perform a variety of tasks including processing payments, taking messages, scheduling appointments and making travel arrangements. You present as polished and approachable while modelling the values of patience, compassion and a positive attitude. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services in our well equipped community.
As a Concierge your typical day will involve the following;
- Provide full administrative support for the General Manager and other supervisory staff for the residence including maintaining office inventories.
- Always providing a positive face-to-face and telephone greeting with visitors. Determining purpose of the visit and provide direction to visitors and callers and/or notify appropriate people as required.
- Establish a positive harmonious relationship with residents, their families as well as other employees.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data. Responsible for handling payments from residents or family members, only as directed by the General Manager.
- Sort incoming and outgoing daily mail for distribution to residents, all departments as well as preparing for dispatch of outgoing mail.
- Running the front desk including all incoming calls and observe the comings and goings of residents from the residence in a professional and friendly manner.
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, morality, integrity as well as promoting the Extendicare’s mission to “help people live better”
- Be knowledgeable of and practice residence’s fire and safety programs
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- Refer and adhere to all policies and procedures as they are in effect.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess;
- Reception/Administrative skills and experience with office procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of/empathy for the needs of seniors.
- Knowledge of and previous experience with office equipment.
- Ability to speak read and write English. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and to do simple arithmetic calculations.
- Patience and politeness when responding to residents and visitors to the residence.
- Previous employment in a health care/hospitality setting an asset.
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website, Linkedin page and Instagram account:
CLOSING DATE: February 4th 2022
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.*