The Barrieview - Barrie
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full-Time and Part-Time Cook position at The Barrieview, a retirement community, located in Barrie, Ontario. The Cook will use strong communication and skills in team work as they prepare fresh and delicious meals for our residents.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. You are committed to food quality and take pride in setting high standards in our kitchen and dining room and will be knowledgeable of the often complex dietary needs of seniors. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well-equipped community.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess:
- Chef training or Culinary management certificate/diploma from an approved program meeting the requirements of the OLTCH Act
- Red Seal certification preferred
- Previous kitchen experience in high volume environment
- Experience in a Retirement residence is an asset, however, it is not required
- Superior communication and written skills with fluency in English
- A professional and polished appearance
- Strong organizational and time management skills and maturity
- Available to work shifts that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- A clear criminal record
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website and Instagram account:
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than August 23rd to the attention of:
Krista Young, General Manager, The Barrieview
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.*