Lynde Creek Manor
DIRECTOR OF CULINARY – Lynde Creek Manor
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full -Time Director of Culinary position at Lynde Creek Manor a retirement community, located in Whitby, Ontario. The Director of Culinary will oversee the kitchen and dining facilities within the community.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. In this management role, you will oversea scheduling, ordering and the food and kitchen equipment budget for the community. In addition, you will inspire, hire and lead a team of servers, cooks and other staff as you create and deliver nutritious and delicious meals to our residents and staff, always adhering to Ministry and Public health guidelines.
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of leadership. Patience and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services and within our well equipped community. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
To match our Qualifications, you will possess
- A minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in a restaurant or facility. High volume serving experience is an asset.
- Red Seal certification is preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of serving special dietary needs and food textures
- Current food handler course
- Knowledge of applicable government legislation and policies including RHRA, and Infection Control
- Superior oral and written communication skills in addition to active listening skills
- Strong organization, time management and presentation skills
- Available to work shifts that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Clear immunization records including recent TB testing
- Clear criminal background check including Vulnerable Sector
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website and Instagram account https://www.espritlifestyle.com/
Closing Date: Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than January 27th, 2018 to the attention of:
Jennifer Sousa – General Manager
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process. *