Harvest Crossing - Tillsonburg
DIRECTOR OF WELLNESS – Harvest Crossing Retirement Community
Candidates are invited to apply for the above Temporary Full-time 14 month contract to work at our Harvest Crossing Community, a 100 suite retirement community, located in Tillsonburg, Ontario.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Wellness is responsible for managing all aspects of nursing care within the home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the General Manager.
- Minimum of a Licensed Practical Nurse is required, Registered Nurse preferred
- Membership or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Saskatchewan
- At least one year of experience working as a nurse in the retirement sector required;
- At least three years of working experience as a registered practical nurse / registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required; and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Effective human relation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
CLOSING DATE – August 28, 2020
Please forward your resumes to the attention of:
Robin Taylor, General Manager
Harvest Crossing Retirement Community