The Barrieview - Barrie
EXECUTIVE CHEF – The Barrieview
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full-time Executive Chef position at The Barrieview, a retirement community, located in Barrie, Ontario. The Executive Chef will oversee the kitchen and dining facilities within the community.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. In this management role, you will oversee scheduling, ordering and the food and kitchen equipment budget for the community. In addition, you will inspire, hire and lead a team of, cooks and other staff as you create and deliver nutritious and delicious meals to our residents and staff, always adhering to Ministry and Public health guidelines.
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of leadership, patience, and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well-equipped community. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
To match our Qualifications, you will possess:
- A minimum of 2 years of leadership experience in a restaurant or facility. High volume serving experience is an asset.
- Red Seal certification is preferred
- Experience and knowledge of serving special dietary needs and food textures
- Current Food handlers course
- Knowledgeable of applicable government legislation and policies including RHRA, and Infection Control
- Superior oral and written communication skills in addition to active listening skills
- Strong organizational, time management and presentation skills
- Available to work shifts that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Clear immunization records including recent TB testing
- Clear criminal background check including Vulnerable Sector
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website and Instagram account:
CLOSING DATE July 1, 2019
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence to the attention of: