GENERAL MANAGER – Cedar Crossing Retirement Community
The General Manager works in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team to provide services to the residents and represent the Home in the community.
Candidates are invited to apply for the above full-time position to work at our
Cedar Crossing Retirement Community
395 Cedar Street. Simcoe ON N3Y 2J2
- Work closely with Nursing Staff, the Leadership Team and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Must have a good understanding of Retirement Living
- Must have understanding of the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority standards
- Identifying and implementing action plans to assist in resolving complaints and concerns.
- Facilitating partnership with families, staff and other agencies.
- To be a representative for the home and facilitate tours.
- Plan, implement and facilitate community outreach initiatives.
- Establish relationships with various community stakeholders.
- Visit stakeholders in the community and provide liaison for the Home
- Provide tours to prospects and follow up with leads accordingly
- Scheduling, payroll and other administrative functions such as A/P and A/R.
- Contribute to budget planning, monitor overall budget and be accountable to financial standing of the home.
- College diploma
- 2-3 years experience in a retirement setting preferred
- Superb organizational, time management and multi- tasking skills
- Knowledge of the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority legislation is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Resident advocate – focused attitude, with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with residents, families, staff and stakeholders.
- Marketing and sales experience is required.
CLOSING DATE: March 15th 2019
Interested applicants should forward their resume no later than March 15, 2019 to the attention of:
Regional Director of Operations
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.