Port Hope - Empire Crossing
Housekeeper – Empire Crossing
Candidates are invited to apply for the Temporary Full Time Housekeeper position at Empire Crossing a retirement community, located in Port Hope, Ontario. The Housekeeper will demonstrate a commitment to hygienic conditions while ensuring optimal cleanliness in our community.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. You are committed to maintaining our luxurious surroundings for our residents. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well-equipped community.
As the Housekeeper your typical day will involve the following;
- Maintain a clean, safe environment in the community.
- Clean, dust and vacuum residents’ bedrooms and public areas of the residence, i.e., lounges, corridors, and elevators.
- Clean and sanitize residents’ bathroom and all washrooms in the residence, including all fixtures, tiles, floors, vanity, and mirrors.
- Clean rooms vacated by residents and prepare rooms for incoming residents.
- Collect household waste from residents’ rooms and other areas of the residence and dispose in accordance with set procedures.
- Clean and organize outdoor, patio furniture
- Water and care for plants in the residence.
- Clean, restock housekeeping cart and Notify Manager when housecleaning suppliers are low
- Wash and dry laundry following established laundry procedures.
- Fold laundry as required, sort and deliver personal laundry to the appropriate resident and store linens in the laundry room. Separate laundry in need of repair or replacement.
- Remove lint from lint filters following the drying of each load.
- Clean laundry equipment, tubs, floors and laundry area.
- Observe operation of machines and report any malfunctioning to the Laundry Manager.
- Work both independently as well as a member of a team with all other residence personnel.
- Be Knowledgeable and Practice residence’s fire and safety programs.
- Refer and adhere to all policies and procedures as they are in effect.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in hospitality or a retirement home.
- Previous employment in a health care/hospitality setting an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of/empathy for the needs of the elderly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in the English Language.
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website, Linkedin page and Instagram account:
CLOSING DATE: February 4th 2022
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.*