The Barrieview - Barrie
LIFE ENRICHMENT ASSISTANT (Full Time)– The Barrieview Retirement Community
Candidates are invited to apply for the full-time Life Enhancement Assistant to work at The Barrieview Retirement Community, located in Barrie, Ontario. The incumbent will report to the Life Enrichment Coordinator.
- Facilitate group recreation programs based on assessed needs and as assigned by the Coordinator.
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behaviour and condition of residents during programs, and report any significant changes to the Coordinator and nursing staff as appropriate.
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy. Communicate participation by residents to registered staff.
- Work cooperatively with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Must have Class F license
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation skills.
- Education and experience in recreation studies an asset
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/group program planning, implementation and evaluation for both well and the cognitively impaired.
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments.
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website and Instagram account:
CLOSING DATE: October 24th, 2021
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence to the attention of:
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.