The Barrieview - Barrie
LIFE ENRICHMENT COORDINATOR – (Full-Time 1 Year Contract) – The Barrieview Retirement Community
Esprit, is hiring energetic and dedicated Life Enrichment Coordinator to join our growing and dynamic team! Esprit commits to providing continuous mentorship and support for life-long learning and growth to be a confident and passionate home care professional.
You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services in our well-equipped community. Successful candidate will be expected to work various shifts, including days and evenings, as well as every other weekend.
By joining our team at Esprit Lifestyle communities, you will help our residents continue ‘their story’ with us.
As a The Life Enrichment Coordinator your typical day will involve the following;
- Develop, implement, facilitate, and evaluate leisure programs, services as well as the activities of the resident council to meet the psychosocial, physical, intellectual, and spiritual individual resident needs.
- Provide opportunities to involve residents in the planning, provision and evaluation of leisure, educational and fundraising activities.
- Promote the activity program and the residence through monthly activity calendars, newsletters, coverage of events.
- Assess individual resident needs and provide ongoing documentation of resident progress.
- Coordinate the Volunteer program including recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation.
- Manage departmental budget as well as organize and participate in fundraising activities to benefit the resident activity program.
- Participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary and management teams, regarding both resident care and residence operations.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- Refer and adhere to all policies and procedures as they are in effect.
- A community college diploma/university degree in recreation/activation, psychology, sociology or gerontology.
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Previous experience working with seniors and proven ability to understand the needs of the seniors preferably in a retirement home or long-term care setting.
- Knowledgeable in the effects of exercise on age related changes; able to develop and implement exercise programs promoting well being for all the residents.
- Able to adapt and modify to program to benefit individuals with cognitive, physical and sensory impairments.
- Ability to lift and lead multiple fitness programs throughout the day.
- Demonstrate leadership, creativity, and organizational skills along with the ability to supervise and motivate others (staff, students, volunteers).
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Valid driver’s license, and in some cases, willingness to obtain special class license.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a budget.
- Certificates in management or volunteer management is an asset.
- Previous employment in a health care/hospitality setting is an asset.
- Familiarity with community resources an asset.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows or other word processors or programs as needed an asset.
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website, Linkedin page and Instagram account:
CLOSING DATE: January 28th, 2022
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.* [include this paragraph for Ontario Communities only]