Yorkton Crossing - Yorkton
Candidates are invited to apply for a Casual Charge Nurse at Yorkton Crossing, which is a 79 suite Retirement Community, located in Yorkton, Saskatchewan.
Under the direction of the Director of Wellness, the charge nurse ensures provision of nursing care for residents in keeping with the philosophy and policies of Extendicare; is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation, evaluation of care programs in facility. Abides by facility and nursing department policies and procedures, communicates and interprets them to other staff, residents, community resource personnel, visitors, and the public. Organizes and prioritizes responsibilities effectively on a daily basis.
- Supervise Resident Assistant as they provide services with all care needs
- Perform nursing services with in nursing scope of practice
- Responsibility for assessment and implementation of nursing practices as per professional standards
- Responsible for the direction and reporting of building concerns in the absence of managers
- Other duties assigned by the manager/supervisor
- Applicants must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and presentation
- Organizational skills are essential
- Must be licensed LPN/RN within the province of Saskatchewan
- Current CPR and First Aide
- Command of the English language
- Preferred previous managerial experience involving supervising and working within a unionized environment;
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined.
- Must be knowledgeable in principles and philosophy of long term care.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with other staff, residents, families, and public and community resource personnel
- Demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care to residents.
- Ability to supervise and direct the work and learning of others.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Promotes a safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors; knowledgeable in principles of infection control.
- Computer skills
- Has knowledge related to current and applicable Saskatchewan health legislation and standards, workplace safety and health, knowledge / experience with Care Management systems;
- Current (within 6 months) Criminal Record Check and VSS
- Satisfactory work record is required.
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than Feb 29th to the attention of: