Port Hope - Empire Crossing
MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR – Empire Crossing
Candidates are invited to apply for the full time Maintenance Coordinator position at Empire Crossing a retirement community, located in Port Hope, ON. The Maintenance Coordinator will possess the appropriate combination of experience and knowledge to ensure optimal facility operations.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. Drawing on multiple years of experience as a handyman or tradesperson, you will be capable of changing lighting, maintaining heating and air conditioning systems, fire systems, and general maintenance of resident units. You are committed to maintaining our luxurious surroundings for our residents and as such, you do not hesitate to be hands on as you remove waste receptacles, perform basic grounds keeping including lawn maintenance, snow removal, and sweeping sidewalks free of debris: all in effort to support the safety and well being of our residents, visitors and staff. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
To better support the community, you can draw from the ability to manage a budget and the ability to interact professionally with outside contractors. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well-equipped community.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess
- 3-5 years of relevant knowledge/experience in mechanical or electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and heating/ ventilation systems.
- Technical training in building maintenance is preferred
- High standards for infection control policies.
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous maintenance/handyman experience in either residential or commercial settings
- Experience with older adults is an asset
- Superior communication skills with fluency in English including the ability to comprehend manuals related to equipment and systems
- Strong organizational skills and maturity
- Ability to effectively listen and respond to the needs and concerns of our residents and escalate when appropriate
- Available to work shifts that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Willingness to be on call to respond to unforeseen situations
- A clear criminal record
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website, Linkedin page and Instagram account:
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than July 24, 2021 to the attention of:
Katy Tranter, Interim GM
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.*