MANAGER, RESIDENT WELLNESS – Esprit Lifestyle Communities
Candidates are invited to apply for the full-time position of Manager, Resident Wellness.
Reporting to the Director of Community Operations, the Manager, Resident Wellness, will work within a team to provide clinical support to the communities in accordance with the best practices of Esprit, Extendicare, and any applicable legislation or professional standard and will work in collaboration with the Quality, Risk & Innovation Department. The Consultant will have the ability and be required to travel across Canada.
- Provides consultative services, including on-site visits and telephone/e-mail consultation.
- Provides consultative services to external clients as assigned.
- Will have the expertise to assist communities to maximize care revenues through the provision of services.
- Conducts operational & risk reviews, with follow-up of the Wellness Service and Resident Care programs as directed and makes recommendations for corrective action plans and evaluation.
- Has a good understanding of technology in retirement living i.e., PCC – Senior Living, E-MAR, POC tablets.
- Collaborates with the Regional Director of Operations in assisting communities to achieve excellence in provision of care and services.
- Provides on site assistance to implement standardized systems, provide orientation and education to the home
- Overnight travel is required.
- Provides leadership & coaching to Directors of Wellness/Directors of Care of retirement communities to ensure legislative requirements and clinical best practices are met or exceeded.
- Will participate in development & rollout of retirement home quality protocols.
- Registered Nurse/RPN with a current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Expertise with technology ie PCC, E-MAR, POC tablets.
- Knowledge of Retirement Living industry legislative requirements, CQI principles, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Minimum five years of clinical Retirement Home Experience.
- Good leadership, organizational & interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively with others and an ability to effect change.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in professional activities and continuing education.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Expertise in Retirement Home Operation & Legislation.
- Ability to travel across Canada .
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence no later than January 31, 2019 to the attention of:
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.