The Barrieview - Barrie
OUR PLACE COORDINATOR – The Barrieview
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full Time Permeant Our Place Coordinator position in Memory Care at The Barrieview, a retirement community, located in Barrie. The Our Place Coordinator will foster an active and inclusive social experience in our community drawing upon an outgoing attitude and infectious energy as they develop, plan and execute engaging activities for residents both in and outside of the community.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. Your creativity and strong initiative will allow you to plan interesting and unique activities for our residents to engage the body, mind and spirit. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well-equipped community.
As a Our Place Coordinator your typical day will involve the following;
- Answers and respond to emergency response system as necessary and observe and report any memory care resident changes in condition while ensuring that quality of service and needs of residents are being exceeded.
- Complete nursing documentation for all memory care residents as required as per residence policies and guidelines.
- Develop and facilitate programs to meet the needs of the residents within the Memory Care program within the legislative guidelines, best practices and expectations related to retirement and memory care.
- Maintain a positive, professional relationship with each resident as well as their families always remaining mindful and empathetic.
- Helps memory care residents maintain independence, promotes dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Actively participates in assessments, development, and adjustment of Service Plan by interacting with the Wellness Team as well as other departments ensuring best care for residents within the memory care program.
- Ensure confidentiality of all personnel and resident data.
- Perform all other job duties as assigned.
- Refer and adhere to all policies and procedures as they are in effect.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess
- Current Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with the geriatric population especially those with cognitive impairments.
- Post secondary education in recreation, therapeutic recreation studies or nursing field.
- Experience with older adults or demonstrated understanding of/empathy for the needs of seniors is a definite asset.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships with staff, volunteers, residents, and families.
- Valid Drivers license.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Superior computer skills and knowledgeable on Microsoft office.
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English.
CLOSING DATE: January 28th 2022
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.