Cedar Crossing - Simcoe
Candidates are invited to apply for the Permanent Full-Time Resident Aide/UCP Over night position to work Cedar Crossing Retirement Community located in Simcoe, Ontario.
Under the direction of the Director of Wellness the Resident Aide provides direct personal and nursing care to residents so as to fulfil the physical, intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual needs of residents in accordance to home polices, procedure and work routines.
- Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, bathing and grooming.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
- Nursing experience in a retirement community preferred
- Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than October 11, 2019 to the attention of:
Michele Grell, General Manager
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.