Douglas Crossing - Uxbridge
RESIDENT ATTENDANT –Our Place (Memory Care) Douglas Crossing
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full-Time/ Part- Time Resident Attendant- Memory Care position at Douglas Crossing retirement community, located in Uxbridge. The Resident Attendant- Memory Care is responsible for providing personal assistance to residents who have dementia or other cognitive challenges.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. You will help enable the day to day living of our residents as they enjoy their private suites, delicious meals, plentiful amenities and tailored activities and outings. You will contribute to our warm and friendly atmosphere as we ensure a comfortable and relaxing environment for our residents. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, compassion and a positive attitude. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services in our well-equipped community.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess
- A caring and positive attitude
- PSW certificate or equivalent in experience
- Education or experience assisting adults with Dementia is an asset
- Experience with older adults is preferred
- Current Food handlers course
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Effective communication skills with fluency in English
- A professional and polished appearance
- Strong Organizational/ time management skills
- Assist in planning and implementing activities
- Complete Mandatory “Our Place” training
- MED certified through Douglas Crossing (or willing to be trained)
- Work every other weekend
- Keep all mandatory training up to date.
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website, Linkedin page and Instagram account:
October 1st, 2021
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than October 1st, 2021 to the attention of:
Danielle Hawkins, Memory Care Coordinator
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.