Stonebridge Crossing - Saskatoon
RESIDENT ATTENDANT (Full Time/ Part Time) – Stonebridge Crossing
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full Time/ Part Time Resident Attendant position at Stonebridge Crossing a retirement community, located in Saskatoon, SK. The Resident Attendant is responsible for providing personal assistance to residents.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. You will help enable the day to day living of our residents as they enjoy their private suites, delicious meals, plentiful amenities and tailored activities and outings. You will contribute to our warm and friendly atmosphere as we ensure a comfortable and relaxing environment for our residents. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, compassion and a positive attitude. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services in our well-equipped community.
As a Resident Attendant your typical day will involve the following;
- Answers and respond to emergency response system as necessary and observe and report any resident changes in condition while ensuring that quality of service and needs of residents are being exceeded.
- Complete nursing documentation if applicable as per residence policies and guidelines.
- Is professional and courteous with staff, residents, resident families, and visitors.
- Helps residents maintain independence, promotes dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Provides feedback in the assessment of every resident and in the development of the Service Plan.
- Maintain a good relationship with each resident as well as their families always remaining mindful and empathetic, of the resident’s unique communication patterns, history and basic human needs.
- Assist with monthly blood pressures, weight ins as well as provide emergency first aid/nursing care until appropriate medical care is available as assigned.
- Assist with resident admissions and discharges when required.
- Notifies the Director of Wellness of any resident and/or family concerns.
- Attends and actively participates in daily communication meetings
- Responsible for attending to Laundry and cleaning needs as required.
- Assist with any other duties as directed by the Director of Wellness.
- Refer and adhere to all policies and procedures as they are in effect.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess
- Current Certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Current Food Handlers Course
- Experience with older adults or demonstrated understanding of/empathy for the needs of seniors.
- Good physical and mental health and free from communicable disease.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to update and keep current their knowledge of changing regulations, practices, and procedures.
- PSW certification is an asset.
- Previous employment in a health care/hospitality setting an asset.
- Good understanding of the nursing process is an asset.