Douglas Crossing - Uxbridge
WELLNESS NURSE (Part Time) – Douglas Crossing
Candidates are invited to apply for the Wellness Nurse position (RPN) at DOUGLAS CROSSING a retirement community, located in UXBRIDGE. The Wellness Nurse will oversee the activities of the Resident Attendants and conduct assessments and necessary nursing practices to promote the wellbeing of our residents.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. You will collaborate with physicians, other health care professionals and family as you perform nursing tasks including medication distribution and falls prevention. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well-equipped community.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess
- Registered and in good standing with the provincial regulatory body i.e. CNO
- Experience with seniors population including knowledge of dementia
- Current Food handlers course is an asset
- Current CPR and First Aid
- Superior communication skills both oral and written in addition to active listening skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Available to work shifts that will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Updated immunization records including recent TB testing
- Clear criminal background check with Vulnerable Sector
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website, Linkedin page and Instagram account:
CLOSING DATE: July 22, 2021
Interested applicants please forward your resume in confidence no later than July 22, 2021 to the attention of:
Name, Shannon Janes, Director of Wellness
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.*