Lynde Creek Manor - Whitby
WELLNESS NURSE (Full Time/ Part Time) – Lynde Creek Manor
Candidates are invited to apply for the Full Time/ Part Time Wellness Nurse position at Lynde Creek Manor a retirement community, located in Whitby, Ontario. The Wellness Nurse will oversee the activities of the Resident Attendants and conduct assessments and necessary nursing practices to promote the well being of our residents.
By joining Esprit, you are contributing to a community of neighbours who quickly become friends. Your genuine positive attitude will contribute to our inviting atmosphere. You will collaborate with physicians, other health care professionals and family as you perform nursing tasks including medication distribution and falls prevention. Most importantly, by joining Esprit, you will help people live better!
You present as polished and professional and demonstrate the essential values of patience, and compassion. You genuinely want to support our residents as they enjoy our full range of services within our well-equipped community.
As a Wellness Nurse your typical day will involve the following;
- Works closely with the Director of Wellness & Attending Physicians and assists with assessing all
- resident needs and planning, implementing, and evaluating the care program.
- Provide professional nursing care to all residents in coordination with internal and external
- Monitoring and assessing interventions and participating in identifying and implementing action plans
- to resolve complaints and concerns.
- Coordinating delivery of resident care including partnering with external healthcare provider.
- Participating in partnerships with key stakeholders including families, staff, contract or agency staff,
- clergy, consultants, social workers and managing partner expectations.
- Conducting orientation, training, performance management and evaluation all personnel.
- Follow safe work practices and keep updated on occupational health and safety training in
- compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety legislation, company policy standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Use appropriate equipment and wear personal protective equipment or clothing, as required per
- Extendicare policy.
- Report any known or identified health and safety hazards or violations to their supervisor.
- Refrain from any conduct that puts themselves, workers, contractors, residents, or others at risk.
- Monitoring staff when leadership (DOW) not on premises.
- Delegating tasks to appropriate staff.
To match our Qualifications, you will possess:
- Currently licensed as a professional Registered Practical Nurse/Licensed Practice Nurse with the relevant provincial licensing body.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in a Retirement Home, Assisted Living, Hospital or Long-Term Care environment
- Minimum of 1 years Clinical Experience
- Knowledge of nursing, health care practices and infection control practices, techniques and methods applied to health and wellness resident care as per the federal and provincial regulations.
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities remain organized.
- Able to demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Word for Windows or other word processors or programs as needed an asset.
To find out more about Esprit Lifestyle Communities please check out our website, Linkedin page and Instagram account:
CLOSING DATE: January 21st 2022
*In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Esprit’s Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Esprit’s hiring process.*