Welcome back, Ontario
July 19, 2021
Welcome back, Ontario
It is with great pride that we celebrate the announcement that Ontario will now be moving to Step 3 of Re-Opening as of July 16, 2021. We acknowledge that it has not been easy following everchanging province wide directives. Our unwavering gratitude for your patience and on-going support throughout these trying times.
Please note that all residents, staff and visitors are to maintain social distancing; wear masks/face coverings and undergo the screening process.
As of Friday July 16th :
- Unlimited number of visitors are permitted.
- Indoors (25 maximum) & outdoors (100 maximum) are permitted.
- All visitors must call to schedule the use of common areas, both indoors and outdoors, to allow for the community to safely and comfortably accommodate larger groups.
- Visitors indoors must wear medical masks for the duration of their visit
- Visitors outdoors must wear a face covering for the duration of their visit
- All visitors must be screened as well as have their temperatures taken as a log must be maintained for contract tracing purposes
- Dining- residents may return to normal sitting arrangements, regardless of the threshold of vaccination in the community. Only fully vaccinated essential visitors can join a resident.
- Activities- all activities and entertainment are permitted both indoors and outdoors; social distancing and masking will remain in place. Only essential visitors can join in a program.
Fully Vaccinated Residents:
- Overnight Stays are permitted with no swabbing or isolation upon return.
- Post Hospital Stays will not require any swabbing or isolation.
Partially or Unvaccinated Residents:
- Overnight Stays are permitted with a swab required before/upon return. Resident will remain in isolation until negative result is received.
- Post Hospital Stays will have to have a swab before/upon return and isolate with another swab taken on Day 8. If a negative result is received then isolation can end after 10 days. If resident refuses to be swabbed then they will isolate for 14 days.
As information becomes available from the Ministry of Health and the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority, we will be sure to inform residents and families.
Please know that we are doing everything possible to ensure your safety and your loved ones safety. Please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of the community’s leadership team should you have any questions.